Galapagos Cholla Wood is actually a fallen, desert cactus skeleton! Its porous and fibrous texture attract shrimps and aquatic microfauna. They are naturally good anchors for growing aquatic plants and look very intriguing underwater. The Cholla Wood has natural tannins that lower aquatic pH gradually and naturally! Cholla Wood is also a classic wood decoration for desert terrariums home to desert snakes, geckos, chameleons, bearded dragons, and uromastyx! They even make natural perches for all birds. Cholla Wood Branches come in 4 different sizes to fit all tanks.
For Aquariums: We recommend presoaking natural woods in a separate tub of water and changing the water daily. This can be done for up to two weeks and will help remove excess tannins, a non-toxic organic substance, that can dye your tank water a tea color. Use a clean brush to remove any extra debris and consider boiling the wood for one hour to sterilize before adding to your aquarium.
- Cholla Wood is dead, desert cactus wood that buffers aquarium waters!
- Ideal for desert terrariums or aquariums!
- Anchor aquatic plants, and create a focal point for your tank
- Great for arid snakes, geckos, bearded dragons, invertebrates and similar species
- Cholla wood is great for attracting shrimp, lowering aquatic pH, and rooting aquatic plants
- Appx. 36 in